UPDATED October 31, 2023
At AWP health protocols prioritizing the well-being of our clients and artists always come first. Public Health is central to tattooing. Our studios are clean, Carol Ann!
Our health guidelines are straightforward and common sense:
- If you are – or have been – feeling unwell – or if you’re in contact with anyone feeling unwell – do not come to the studio. Awen wants to remain healthy in order to avoid scheduling delays. If we notice any symptoms during your time in the studio we will cancel your appointment and send you home. That would be awkward. Nobody wants awkward. Just let us know proactively, ok?
- We offer remote ZOOM design consultations to reduce traffic inside the studio. Those can be booked online through a link provided by Awen.
- Clients are expected to wear clean clothes to your appointment. Help us keep the studio, and the client chair, clean – for yourself and everyone else.
- When you arrive for your appointment, simply scan the QR code on the counter with your phone and set out your photo ID to begin the check in process.
- Masks are required for everyone for the duration of your time in the studio. YES WE STILL REQUIRE MASKS. Why, you ask? Because this is one of the few – or maybe the only – situation in which you’re sitting inches away from someone’s face for several hours at a time. Masking keeps our business open. If Awen is unwell, appointments are delayed. Complimentary masks are available. And yes – we completely support freedom of choice. If you choose not to wear a mask, no problem – we will choose to reschedule your appointment.
- Ventilation is key to interrupting the cycle of transmission for COVID. We circulate fresh air into the studios. In cool weather we adjust heating, but the studios run cool. Bringing a zip up hoodie is a great way to keep one arm covered while the other gets tattooed, or wearing it backwards keeps both arms and your front warm while getting a back tattoo – or it’s just a nice woobie. Who doesn’t love a woobie.
- While we’re on the topic of comfort – You’re welcome to bring earbuds to transport you to your happy place while getting inked. We provide complimentary internet so you can stream to your hearts content.
- IMPORTANT: As we’ve all experienced, things like illness, injury and family emergencies come up at the last minute, so be sure to check your email before coming in for your appointment just in case there are last minute changes to the appointment. In the event rescheduling is necessary, we’ll email you as early as possible. Obviously unexpected things are – well, unexpected. Thank you for being understanding.
REMEMBER: A fresh tattoo requires energy from your immune system to heal, and your immune system requires resilience to fight exposure to illness, so it’s necessary to be healthy when getting tattooed, to follow the aftercare instructions and to make good choices during the first few days of healing following the tattoo.
ALL studio hours, appointments, booking timelines and protocols are subject to change. If you have an appointment, be sure to check your email for updates prior to traveling to the studio.
Awen is trained in Prevention of Disease Transmission in Tattooing through the Alliance of Professional Tattooists and is re-certified annually – including continuing education on preventing COVID-19 transmission.
We clean and disinfect throughout the studios, including public and common spaces, before and after each client as well as at the beginning and end of each work day.
We circulate fresh air into the studios and filter air 5x hourly with HEPA filtration in every workstation.
Studio air quality is monitored by C02 sensors, maintaining levels recommended by the CDC for COVID-19 indoor air quality.
Single service disposable set ups are provided for each and every client. Each item used during your tattoo appointment – from needles to pigment to ink caps – are discarded at the end of each appointment.
Hand washing and hand sanitizer are available to clients throughout the duration of your appointment.
Awen will postpone appointments if he feels unwell. Thank you in advance for your understanding if we need to reschedule. Be sure to check your email for appointment updates prior to traveling to the studio.
Awen and both studios are licensed by the Minnesota Department of Health and/or the Minneapolis Health Department.
Awen is a card carrying Professional Members of the Alliance of Professional Tattooists.
Be Well, take good care of yourselves and stay awesome!