Appointment Inquiry & Request with Awen
When is your next opening?
- My books are currently CLOSED for appointments in both Minneapolis and in Ely while I catch up on and complete pieces currently in progress.
- If you’d like to get your new tattoo earlier than the timeframe I have available, I encourage you to send Marvelous Matt an inquiry!
Where are you located?
- I tattoo in both our OG studio in South Minneapolis and my private studio located in Ely, MN within Superior National Forest.
How can I get an appointment?
- Watch Instagram and Facebook for updates on when I open bookings.
- Clients and projects are selected based on ideas that peak my creative interest and positive energy that supports the Creative process. I focus on medium to large scale pieces because I enjoy the opportunity to integrate fit, movement and flow for the creation of a dynamic piece.
- Styles that peak my creative interest include: Sacred geometry, nature elements, wildlife, pet portraiture, Celtic knot work, Norse and Viking traditional art, Mandala imagery, all things Pop Culture and Nerd – and black and gray as well as vibrant color. I specialize in cover-ups and enjoy the transformative element that empowers clients to love their art and their bodies all over again. I’m always honored to provide areola and nipple tattooing following mastectomies and gender confirmation surgery.
- While I enjoy working in many styles, imagery that is not a good fit for me includes: polka trash, biblical scripture and imagery, script, watercolor, pin-ups, tiny tats, micro tattoos, facial tattoos or cosmetic tattoos. I do not do hate speech or hate imagery.
- If you’d like to get fresh ink this summer, I encourage you to send Marvelous Matt an inquiry!
Will you do a cover up?
- Yes! Coverups are some of my favorite projects!
How much do you charge?
- We don’t provide quotes over email as there are many factors to determine pricing for a large scale tattoo. Estimates for cost are provided during the Design Consult
- If you’re a collector of tiny tat’s, please note that I have a two hour booking minimum. To make the most of your two hour session, I encourage you to save up your ideas for small pieces and we’ll do a couple – or several – to max out your session!
How can I contact you?
- The only way to ensure I see your message is to email me. I don’t reply to inquiries posted on Facebook or Instagram. Email responses generally take 5-7 days.
Why haven’t you answered my email?
- Due to the number of emails I receive, I’m unable to reply to each one personally – but we do read and appreciate every inquiry. Thank you for your interest in my work and for your support of our small, local and independent business.
- When books are closed I’m only able to respond to emails from clients with appointments on the books or ongoing projects. Of course existing clients are always welcome to reach out to book new work although I will not be able to take on every inquiry. New project inquiries received when my books are closed will not receive a response from me personally. Instead you’ll receive an automatically generated email with current booking info. Focusing my time in this way allows me to fully dedicate my energy to each current project.
How do I get on your waiting list?
- I don’t maintain one.
Are you social media?
Where is my order?
- You can always contact us for info on your order. Please include your order number!