Hello Beautiful People! Welp, one thing is for sure – we all deserve a new tattoo soon! Today Gov. Walz announced that personal services, including body art, are approved to reopen on June 1. Art With a Point will open on JULY 1. We are taking a cautious approach, given the current data. We’re currently working on implementing enhanced protocols specific to COVID-19 and on sourcing Personal Protective Equipment
Please read all of these details – and be aware that these protocols will continue to evolve – so check back for updates on this post.
Prior to COVID-19, we already had strict protocols in place to protect public health. This studio is clean, Carol Ann! We’re adding new protocols specific to COVID-19. When you come in to the studio for your appointment, you can expect that:
- We clean and disinfect throughout the studio multiple times each day.
- Our artists are trained in Prevention of Disease Transmission in Tattooing, which we renew annually.
- We use single service disposable set ups for each and every client. That means items used during your tattoo appointment – from needles to pigment to ink caps – are all discarded at the end of each appointment. Single service disposable is the way to go.
- NEW: We have fresh air and HEPA air filtering 5x hourly.
- NEW: We are supporting social distancing by limiting foot traffic in the studio to only clients with a scheduled appointment at that time. Please refrain from bringing anyone with you. They will not be able to enter the studio. We welcome you to use our free WIFI to virtually invite your bestie, partner or family members via FaceTime, Zoom, Hologram or whatever.
- NEW: We are supporting social distancing by spacing appointments so that clients avoid passing one another. We are booking only one appointment per day for the foreseeable future.
- NEW: We are capping appointment lengths at a max of 3 hours each, no exceptions. This serves to: 1. mitigate stress on the immune system during healing and 2. mitigate the viral load our artists are exposed to. Both of these mitigations support the immune system’s resilience in fighting exposure to illness. If you have or had an appointment scheduled for longer than three hours, we will shorten it and schedule additional time as needed.
- NEW: We are not currently booking appointments for chest, neck or stomach tattoos. These areas require being too close in proximity to direct respiration.
- NEW: Masks are required for all clients and artists for the duration of your time in the studio. If you choose not to wear a mask, we will reschedule your appointment.
- NEW: Clients will wash hands for a minimum of 20 seconds upon arriving at the studio.
- NEW: Hand sanitizer is available to clients throughout the duration of your appointment.
- NEW: Clients are expected to wear clean clothes to the studio. If you are coming from anywhere other than your home, change into clean clothes before arriving.
- NEW: Artists will be wearing scrubs or clean suits, masks and face shields as well as gloves and aprons.
- NEW: Clients will be screened prior to their appointment for health. We reserve the right to cancel your appointment if we are in doubt about your wellness and if we are in doubt about our safety.
- NEW: Artists will be health screened daily upon their arrival at the studio to prioritize everyone’s health. We will postpone appointments if we have reservations about our health or if we feel unwell.
- As we all have experienced, things like illness, injury and family emergencies tend to come up at the last minute, so be sure to check your email before coming in for your appointment just in case there are last minute changes to the appointment. In the event rescheduling is necessary, we’ll contact you as early and as soon as possible. Obviously sometimes things come up unpredictably, so be sure to check your email before coming in.
- If you are ill, do not come to the studio. In the days prior to – and the morning of – your appointment, self-assess how you’re feeling. If you are feeling unwell in any way – including, but not limited to: fever, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, or muscle aches – contact your artist to reschedule.
- NEW: For the time being, we are waiving the 72 hours required cancellation notice and forwarding all deposits to the rescheduled appointment. We know you’re looking forward to your tattoo – so are we! And, Matt and Awen want to protect our health, the health of our families and the health of all of our clients.
- NOTE: A fresh tattoo requires energy from your immune system to heal, and your immune system requires resilience to fight exposure to illness, so it’s necessary to be healthy when getting tattooed. And, it is imperative that you’re truthful and responsible about your health for our safety and for the studio to remain open.
- Our artists are licensed by the Minnesota Department of Health, the studio is licensed by the Minneapolis Health Department and we’re card carrying members of the Alliance of Professional Tattooists.
If your appointment was postponed due to COVID-19 Executive Order closures – THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE! Many of you have sent emails of support and encouragement as well as making purchases of our merch and gift cards. We cannot thank you enough for your support. You are literally THE BEST.
We’re taking a cautious approach to reopening. We know that you’re looking forward to your new ink, and we’re looking forward to hearing the blissful buzz of our tattoo machines and creating new art. And – health and safety come first.
We have close to one hundred appointments to reschedule since closing on 3/17, on top of appointments that were already booked for this summer and fall. By the end of June we will contact each person with an outstanding appointment to reschedule to a future appointment. Needless to say, rescheduling around a hundred appointments will take time and working with the enhanced COVID-19 health protocols will require additional time during each appointment. Please continue to be patient with the process. We’re looking forward to your tattoo too!
We work closely with Health Officials and fellow tattoo artists to implement protocols based on the most current scientific information. Two things we’ve learned during this pandemic is that our well-being is interdependent and the only constant in life is change. Expect protocols to change as more is learned about the virus, and expect restrictions to come and go dependent upon how responsibly the public behaves during this pandemic. We’re big fans of science here. If you’re uncomfortable with any of these protocols, feel free to respectfully inquire for clarification – or reschedule your appointment. Questions? Just ask.
We take tremendous care to maintain the studio as a clean, healthy and welcoming space. Thanks in advance for doing everything you can to help keep the studio clean, the people in it healthy, and for being patient throughout all of this!
Awen and Matt